Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Adopt HardyGirl

HardyGirl

HardyGirl is sleeping over at my house for a little while until she finds her permanent home.  That shouldn't take too long because she is a perfect companion for someone who needs a sweet, loving, well-mannered roommate to love. 

HardyGirl is about 3 years old and ended up at the Washington Humane Society after following a nice lady to her car.  The lady didn't want her to end up in some unfortunate accident so she kindly gave HardyGirl a ride to WHS.

Here's where the plan hits a snag.  HardyGirl is not a fan of other cats so she had to live in a cage at WHS instead of KittyCity, the open room for friendly, adoptable cats.  It just so happened that WHS was swamped with cats and not many adoptions so they sent out a plea for foster parents, anyone who could do anything to help them out.  I adopted my girl from them a year ago so I spontaneously agreed to foster, to return the favor for helping me find my perfect companion.  No kittens for me, though.  I needed a healthy adult who'd been tested for anything my cat could get and who already understood the use of a litter box.

No problem!  I showed up and was told they had the perfect cat for me.  The name on the cage was Hardy, which led to many questions about whether I was getting a boy or girl.  After some checking by the staff, I was told, "It's a girl!"  I promptly changed her name to HardyGirl to end the confusion.  Her new family can change her name to anything they want.  This is just a place holder. 




No comments:

Post a Comment